Saturday, December 26, 2009

Walmart Picks


~From Late March~

It's been a long time since we all went to Walmart together as a family. We stopped there for a few things after the girl's piano recital last night. Here's what ended up as the "Can we get this?" requests this time:

Bridger: 1 zucchini and 1 tomato. (Bob the Tomato and Larry the cucumber from Veggie Tales.) Though he never asks for what he wants. He just picks them up and starts carrying them around. We bought them. Why not?

Aspen: little bottle of lemon juice, in the lemon shaped bottle, and brown/blue verigated yarn for fingerknitting

Seth: "Bug Juice" flavored snow-cone-flavor, and Pokemon cards he bought himself

Hanna: Butterfinger candy bar for her friend's who likes them (says she'll pay me back.)

Alana: Nothing. Except white shoelaces I told her to get for her tennis shoes.

Troy: Doritos

Me: Nothing else. Everything else. I made the list, though they were all "needs" and not wants. The whole reason for going in the first place. I guess I had a few "wants" on my list: the Borax laundry detergent, for making a kids-science experiment (crystals) that Seth wants to do. And some garden seeds. But those can be considered "needs", right?

Then we came home and watched High School Musical 3 together, for the first time. And saved Prince Caspian for laundry-folding time today during daylight, in case it's a little scary.

(Alana talking now.) Mom took these pictures of Bridger INSIDE Hanna's new coat, with Hanna in it too, last time we were at Walmart a couple months ago. (Not as a whole family. We'd just dropped Dad off at the airport for work.) It was soooo funny! Doesn't it kinda look like Bridger's got long golden locks? We probably created a scene with all 5 kids laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I love how you guys are always finding ways to have fun and laugh together.

I wish I'd been in Walmart then.

Dana