Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sweet sweet Molly

~From May 19ish (Molly's Birth)~

Sweet Sweet Miss Molly






On their way to the hospital.


(With me as her mom, I always enjoy finding some trivial info about stuff. So here: She's our first child with an odd number for her birthdate, and not on a day ending with 6 or 4. The other 5 birthdates are on a 26, 24, 6, another 6, and 14. I was hoping she'd make it here by the 18th, so she'd have an even numbered birthday, and mostly, so Troy could go home with the other kids for the night. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.) But, she did at least get a double number of some sort in her birthdate, like all the rest of us. For her, it's a 9. 5-19-09.

Many people are surprised we chose that name. It seems so common compared to most of our other children's names. (And even though Hanna's name is common, it didn't get that popular until right after she was born.) Hanna Jo's name is like my mother's name (Johanna), so Molly and Hanna's names are similar, and that's why we like Molly Sue. Molly is named after her other grandma: Mary Susan. (Molly means "Mary".) The other names we were thinking of were Tovah (Hebrew for "good"), Havalyn (Hava is Hebrew for "life", and one meaning of "Lynn" refers to a place near water. Ha! It's a name fit for Troy's career, since he's an irrigation engineer whose goal it is to bring more life to the world by using and conserving water!), and Autumn (especially if she were a red-head).

And as an update, now that this is finally getting posted 7 months later, Molly did end up with another middle name. For some reason, I just couldn't be satisfied, so the night before her Baby Blessing day, we settled on naming her Molly Sue Havalyn Peters. I have 2 middle names, and said I'd never do that to my children. I go by my 2nd middle name, so it's always confusing when filling out forms, and at doctor offices and banks, etc. Troy goes by his middle name too, but I'm certain it's easier for him, with only one first initial, and not 2! Who else has 2 first initials? Even though my own name is a hassle, I have kept it the way it is, because, it's me! I could've dropped one, or more of those names, and my dad gave me permission many a time, but I have kept it the way it is. Hopefully, since we're still calling her by her first given name, Molly will be fine with her longer name throughout her life. (And ever since adding that name, I've felt a lot more peace about it. At first, I chalked it up to post-partum hormone fluctuations, but now, maybe it's a sign that she's my last daughter. Who knows.)



smooth delivery, no complications...

Gramma came to help. She helped do several big projects and did a lot to help me recover. I just sat around all week like a spoiled queen or something. Looking back now, it was my favorite week of the whole year.

Kinda scary to imagine what it's like with a baby in the house, but already, can't imagine it without her now. Of course, now that gramma's leaving, the reality is gonna set in, and we'll see what it's really like. What a strong spirit they have with them. Alana and Hanna were dancing with her and listening to Afterglow, and crying and crying. Really neat to see the older siblings and how much they love her and want to hold her. Even Bridger's okay. He just ignores her so far, and has only been jealous once.



Bridger's been in heaven, getting 4 new Thomas Train engines this week with Gramma. And 3 of the 4 are yellow. Baby Molly gave him the Molly Engine at the hospital, but Molly engine is currently lost. (Found a month later in the garage by the cat food.)

Not so great timing, that Bridger is finally ready to potty train, but at the exact same time as Molly's arrival. Isn't that a recipe for disaster, when it comes to a major life change. Like regressing from the toilet training? When they came to visit us in the hospital, he was wearing underwear. Troy's braver than me with the underwear in public thing, at least, in the early stages of training. B was fascinated with the hospital toilet though. And went over and over again. And of course, he had to pull the emergency call button for the nurses, in the bathroom. Oy.

1 comment:

Dane said...

That was fun for me to hear your name(s) story. Reading about your kids tears with their new sister is one of the sweetest and most touching things I've read. What angels you have there.