Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's too easy, being GREEN

From the looks of this blog, and the paint colors on our house, both outside and inside, it appears we LOOOVVEE the color green. Well, it IS a nice color. The color of nature. Warm and peaceful. Things growing with life. It's just a coincidence that there's so much green around our place. It was the previous owner of our house that decorated it this way. (Although, I do have to admit, that the last house we owned, we chose to paint the outside with a green trim as well, but nothing on the inside.) Not only is the paint in several rooms of our home green, but the kitchen and bathroom countertops, the kitchen floor, and the carpet is too. Could that also be why there's a lot of green in Housel Middle school? (The wonderful woman who used to live here was also school board president when the middle school was remodeled.) I don't know how true this is, but I have heard that to decorate a home in green is the most peaceful and calming color to use. I would have guessed another color, like light blue, yellow, or tan. But we've enjoyed living here. At least, we're not singing, "It's not easy, being green..." yet.

When I was a little girl, we had friends that lived close by with the last name of Green. They also had a green house, and when they painted it a peach color, I really thought their name was changing too.

No comments: