Monday, February 23, 2009

Multi-Tasking

Alana is practicing a Bach "Invention" on the piano. Looks like she's "invented" a new way to stretch too. She took the pictures and showed me later, saying, "Here's how I can practice piano and dance at the same time."

Reminds me of years ago when she figured out how to play a song on the piano, sitting backwards at the piano, leaning back, upside down with her head near the ground,with her hands crossed above her. It looked tricky, but the same hands were still playing the same parts they had learned, so as long as it was memorized, it wasn't as hard as it looked. (So she said.) Of course, it was a much easier song too. A train one I think. She could add that "back stretching" to her piano "workout" now.

3 comments:

SunnyD said...

I'm pretty sure I would be stuck in that position for a week or so and that is IF I could get there in the first place. GO ALANA!!

Taryn said...

:) very cute! Multi tasking is such a talent! she is definitely learning it young!

Ralphie said...

I loooove that piano. How it's all chipped and old looking. I've been searching for one like that for a long time. It's beautiful, as so is Alana.