Friday, February 13, 2009

Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles



I never thought this would happen, but I now have a relative living in the same state as me! My youngest sister and her husband just graduated from college and both got jobs near Seattle. This picture is when they stayed the night with us, on their way to Silverdale. They're only about 4 hours away now. Unlike the previous distances we've always lived from any family: 11 hrs, 15 hrs, and 24 hrs (which realistically was 28 hrs in the winter, when we lived in Texas.)

We did get to live near family in college though. That was a treat, especially for our kids to get to know their grandparents, aunts and uncles better. Troy has a career that only has about one job per state, so we don't have a lot of choices where to live. We bypassed the Georgia and Louisianna jobs, because Washington state was much closer to all our family in the west.

2 comments:

SunnyD said...

HURRAY for you! I don't know what I'd do if my family wasn't close. I guess I'm still a Mama's girl. :)

Taryn said...

That is cool you will have someone in your fam living relatively close. I love the pic of your family hugging. Cute!

and seriously what are the odds of Shara marrying someone with only one sister, and her name being Shara. I have never even heard of the name Shara so I know it's not common :)