Instead of the usual screaming and writhing in agony through the entire 2 minute haircut, this time Bridger giggled and squirmed all through it. Big improvement! I guess it tickles him now instead of seeming painful or scary. (Or maybe he's trying to have a better attitude towards it?) At the very end, he wiggled enough that the guard on the clippers popped off, and a big "E" was mowed into his hair. We really should have redone his entire head to blend it at that point, but we weren't going to put him through that "torture" any longer. This needed to remain as positive an experience as possible for him. So until more hair grows to fill it in, he's got this imprint in his hair. (And in this picture, he had just came home from school, where he fell asleep on the bus, explaining the mashed hair above his ear.)
As a side note, the way he's eyeing the green goo as it spins around the wheel in this toy, is one of his autistic characteristics. Of course most of us like looking at these kind of mesmerizing toys to some extent, but the way he eyes them, and intently studies it as the goo makes the wheel spin round and rouch, with his head tipped to the side, and how he does it for sooooo long, is unique to him. Well, not just him, other autistic kids too. It's a typical autistic behavior.
4 comments:
We've been having computer issues, and I just remembered to check this out. Looks good, I love the pictures! I knew what the title meant and where it came from. Now we just need a picture of the "E". :)
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so happy that I have another family member out here doing this with me. You are the first! I look forward to seeing more pictures and feeling more in the loop.
Loves!
Err. Second. You are the second. That's what I meant to say.
*smack forehead*
I am so glad that Bridger is better for you while you cut his hair. I am sure it was so hard on you to listen to him be so scared. What a little sweetie he is.
Post a Comment