Seth earned his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts. Wow--those 3 years went by FAST!
Ironically, Seth's dad was the Cub Master for nearly all 3 years Seth was in Cubs. That just barely changed, so the new leaders presented him with his award. Seth waited an extra month, so his dad could at least be present--he was out of town for work at last month's meeting, and ended up having to be out of town again this time. Grrr. I told Seth that many dads miss seeing their boys receive their awards. It was just disappointing for Seth (and me) because his Dad has been the one presenting all those awards for the past several years, and just when Seth earns his, he can't be there. Oh well, it's not really that important (and I'm probably making it worse than necessary by even writing about it!)
It's tradition in this pack to shoot an arrow with a light stick attached, for their award. I was helping with the transition of leaders, and somehow the light sticks got lost, even though I thought I had them for sure in my van! Ugh. It was light outside though, so the light stick wouldn't have really shown up much anyway, but I felt like a loser mom/leader for having it for all the other boys, but not my own son. The new leader held the meeting at his house though, which was a beautiful setting, and helpfully memorable for Seth. He "crossed over" (walked over the bridge) from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts at last month's meeting (but since Dad missed that one too, I didn't take the camera and get a picture of his crossing over. And I haven't sewn his Webelos patch on yet either.)
These pictures are from Seth's last Pinewood Derby back in April. Seth often earned the award for having the most natural looking car.His first 2 years, he came in 4th place. This year he didn't do as good, but he made his car by himself and still had fun. Seems like the boys mostly like racing each other for fun anyway, after the "official" race is done.
On to Boy Scouts! Seth's Grandpa has scouting in his Blood, and received a Silver Beaver award. His dream job would be to run a Scout Camp full time. Too bad we live 13 hrs away, but I still think Seth's bound to have a special time in Scouts with his grandpa's love and support for it. Grandpa already has Seth well started on collector patches and got him a nice 100-year scouting anniversary ballcap for his birthday. Hope we don't lose that one!






2 comments:
I love that he made his own car. That makes it all the better!!!! Congrats Seth!!!
Congrats to Seth!! Too bad that Troy couldn't be there. The setting was beautiful!
Post a Comment