Is this in summer or winter? Take your pick.
Here's a clue. See what's on the water in the top of the next picture?
ICE.
Yeah, I did NOT support them swinging over an ice-cold lake! I told them if they fell in, they really could seize up from the cold and die. (But when they did it anyway, I took pictures, hoping the whole time I wasn't taking their last pictures! Scary.)
We heard it was fun to go sledding in the winter at Camp Zarahemla, so we went up one night last month to try it out. The whole way there, there was no snow! I was worried. Luckily, there was a little left at the Camp. The sledding hill was very icy--and the kids all got hurt the first few times down. But then they figured out how to stay safe, and have lots of fun. It was odd to be sledding in warm weather. Didn't even need boots or gloves. (I did haul all that bulky stuff up there.) Hanna was still in her shorts from PE, with slip on shoes and no socks. But when she used the top of her foot to brake herself, she got a "snow-burn" (ice burn?). Ouch.
We figured out they had to use their feet at brakes in front of them the whole time, otherwise there would probably be broken bones, it was so icy! Some of these pictures were just before dark, thus the low quality. We went sledding again the next morning.
Maybe I'll post more pictures in another post. This is enough for now. (Takes a lot of pictures to show everyone at least once.)
















No comments:
Post a Comment