Monday, April 4, 2011

Growing Pains?

After much persuasion and bribery, Bridger finally agreed to take some medicine this winter.  He CAN be reasoned with a little sometimes now.  He's willing to take something to help his "swallow" not hurt so much.  (Though when the medicine wears off, he thinks the medicine didn't work.  Doesn't quite get that it won't cure it immediately, and it won't last forever.)

Another funny "growing" story about him:  I've told him when he eats new food, it will make him get bigger.  In fact, we pay him a quarter (he thinks it's a dollar) every time he tastes a new food--even candy.  This was right after he drank a little bit of juice, for the first time willingly.  He said something like, "I drank juice, so I'm getting bigger muscles now, see?"  and then he pointed to his elbow.  I tried to get him to show me his bigger muscles again, (with the camera this time), and he was not thrilled.  I tried again the next day, and he still wasn't willing.  Oh well, here are several attempts.  I guess it's not really his face we're after anyway.  We're just looking at his "muscle," right? (It was just so cute when he first said that with a big smile, I was hoping to capture that excited, happy expression.)

(There's the lego set in the background he's saving up his money for.  Doing extra jobs, or eating new candy to earn the money!)





1 comment:

Tara said...

He's so darn cute.