Friday, April 22, 2011

Buffalo away from home

 We still saw a lot of buffalo in Utah, even away from home.  (Those of you who don't know:  our neighbor has buffalo that we see every day.)  Also saw some live on a farm just outside of Peoa, Utah as we drove by.  (I looked for the ones near Heber I remember as a child, but didn't see them.)
This is at the Bean Museum at BYU.
 Across the street from the Utah Capital Building.

The painted buffalo reminded us of all the painted Quarter Horse statues all over Amarillo, TX.  I think Amarillo is the world capital for the American Quarter Horse Association, and there were over a hundred painted horses with all different designs around town we saw while we lived there.

Ironically, right across from that buffalo statue was something else that totally reminded me 
of living in Amarillo.  This sign:
 
 Not very respectful, especially outside the capital!  Reminded me of all the random street signs in yards  in Amarillo.  I ought to post pictures of those someday...They are truly "random", much more so than this one.

1 comment:

Dedre said...

look at you blogging again :) fun to see.
I miss SLC!