Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween 2010


It was Yeon Kyung's first Halloween, and first time she's ever carved a Jack-o-lantern. Her's is in the middle.

(Pumpkins from bottom to top: Bridger's, Seth's, Yeon's, Aspen's, Hanna's. Everyone did their own, except Bridger. So much easier on us parents! Seth's is 2-faced, on both sides.)


Yeon wore her native traditional Korean "Hanbok" dress. Beautiful.

Hanna's nickname at school (given to her by a teacher), is "Hoppy", thus her chosen costume this year. The name fits her well.

Seth wanted to try being a girl. That's a little iffy these days, we know. I tried to talk him into wearing a name-tag that said "Hanna". He looked a lot like Hanna! Bridger was totally confused! It was so funny. (Hanna will probably be jealous later on though---Seth sure has beautiful eyes!)

A super sweet friend/neighbor from church offered to let Aspen borrow this beautiful dress and cape she sewed, to be "Little Red Riding Hood." (She has sewn her entire Primary class dresses/vests and scripture bags!) She also is the one who found the Ladybug costume Molly wore.

Troy was a PINK-belt in Taekwondo. Can't really see it, but he wore my pink bathrobe belt. (Did you know there was a pink belt? Just kidding.)

Wow, there's actually one of me this time. Bridger took it while trying to endure the dinner.


This was the first year Bridger "survived" the party. He actually sat through the dinner, although there was a lot of crying on his part. (He really dislikes big crowds and chaos.) He also did the Trunk or Treating for the first time ever. The past 4 years, he has HATED it, and has sat in the van the entire time. This time, he loved it, and when he was done, he came back to our van to help pass out candy, and was giving out candy from his own bucket. Cute kid.

5 comments:

Ralphie said...

So nice to see a new post! I love seeing you guys.

Lori said...

YEAH!!! You're Back!!! :-)
Ha, ha... I didn't realize the extra girl was Seth until I read farther in the blog... I looked at the first group shots and kept thinking -- I know there's supposed to be another boy in there somewhere!!

Tara said...

WOO HOO!! So glad you are doing this again! I LOVE the costumes! I laughed out loud at Seth, he makes a beautiful girl. So glad Brigder did better this time and enjoyed himself!

lydia moyer said...

oh my gosh i actually thought that seth was hannah. sooooo funny.

lydia moyer said...

sorry hanna, as soon as i posted that i realized i spelled your name wrong. and sorry i thought seth looked like you :)