This is the earliest it's snowed, in the 5 yrs we've lived here. Autumn was still in it's full blaze of color, and then overnight, winter came. Like the flip of a switch. And it hit with a bang too. Blizzards, below zero temperatures. Brrr!!!! But the kids kept bundling up and going out to play.

Of course, even though school was delayed 2 hours, the kids got up an hour early to go out and play in it! (The little kids. The big kids slept in, so I at least got one extra hour of sleep. Bridger woke me up the time I usually get home from driving to Seminary.)
This was the first time we had so many drifts around, from the howling wind. (Not in these pictures. The wind happened after I took these.) In fact, our driveway was probably the worst, from the snow blowing off the Buffalo pasture, through their chain link fence, and drifting on the driveway. The van was in the shop being repaired from Alana's summertime fender-bender, and we didn't think the car could get over the drifts, so Troy worked from home that day. The kids loved playing in all the drifts. The big girls went sledding at the football stadium for the first time too. We've always avoided that, assuming the whole town would be there. But we were pleasantly surprised. Plenty of room to sled for all, and when they get to the bottom of the hill, they slide all the way across the parking lot too. Fun!

2 comments:
you're back...you're back...yipee! I'm excited to see what you've all been up too! love that you're not private too..now you come up on my blog roll, and I will seee you've posted!
Yay the Peters family is back. It looks like your kids had fun in the snow!!!
Post a Comment