Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Can I want a cold one?"

That's how he asks for his favorite food. Chicken nuggets. While about 7 of them are warming in the microwave, he'll ask for a frozen one to munch on in the mean time. Yep, frozen. Eaten while cold and chunky. It's even something he can get all by himself, and we hope the freezer isn't left open too long.

I'd rather him eat them frozen, than try to nuke them by himself. Last time I caught him doing that, they were black and smoking. The blue plastic plate they were on was melted and liquified, and there were still over 7 minutes left on the microwave timer to cook. Yikes! Shortly after, the microwave died, dead. We're not sure if it was Bridger that smoked it, or just time for it to die. Luckily, that was back in November, and we haven't had any more episodes of that since. He does remember the "smokey chicken nuggets" though. (Back in Nov, he called them "chicken nuss.") Maybe it scared him enough not to try it again!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey, at least the chicken nuggets are pretty much cooked even though frozen right?? :) One day he'll look back and laugh!

Taryn said...

ohh what a cutie...that smokin' microwave must have been quite the ordeal for him!

SunnyD said...

Oh.....THAT kind of cold one. :) I'd take cold chicken nuss over a "cold one" any day.

Arlene said...

Wow. I'm glad you got to the microwave with seven minutes left. I can't imagine if you hadn't. You may have had a house fire. Yikes!!!!!! Brock says they may have been vaporized by then.

Kari said...

Kali likes to eat her Eggo waffles stone cold frozen! They are some crazy kids.