Thursday, July 16, 2009

Works Every Time

Call me lazy, but with every baby, I just grab a family picture to prop up where I change their diaper. (Usually in the crib, while they still can't move too much to knock it down on their head. But this time, I have a bigger bathroom counter, which is VERY nice to use as a changing table.) This picture has been stashed with others that never quite got hung when we moved into this house.


It works every time. They LOVE it. I love it. It's so cute and heart warming to me! They smile and coo at it, and it entertains them for a nice long while. (It sorta looks like here though, she's looking just above the picture, at the camera battery charger that's plugged in the wall.)

Here's a better view of what she's gazing at,
complete with water spots from the sink splashin' on it.


That was 7 years ago, when Aspen was a baby. That's her blessing dress, that Molly also wore. Alana was 7 yrs old (same age Aspen is now), Hanna-5, Seth-2, Aspen-2 months (same as Molly now.) In fact, Aspen had a high fever in this picture. We had just gone to the doctor b/c the fever had lasted several days, and discovered she had a pretty bad UTI. Poor baby! (She just slept through it all, and wasn't fussy though.) Oh, and I actually sewed those dresses (but not the baby one.) Back when I somehow had more time. Oh yeah, maybe b/c I lived in a tiny apt with no outside work, and near family that could help me too! They are a far cry from professional though, let me assure you!)


I also think it's cute to take upside down pictures of babies once in a while. I love their eyes opened wide to see what's there behind them.

7 comments:

Arlene said...

Molly has really grown since the last time I really saw her. I love her chubby little cheeks. That top photo of her looking toward the picture is cute!

Amanda said...

That is such a good idea!! I can't believe how fast she is growing..and she is soooo sweet!

SunnyD said...

That is one of the most precious baby pictures I've ever seen. I love the way she looks at her siblings. I'm soooo happy I peeked in at your blog tonight. That last picture is super sweet too!

SunnyD said...

By the way....you need to add Molly to your side bar! :)

snappy said...

Molly is such a little doll! I remember those dresses and how you could change the flowers that went inside! Those were soooo cool and I have no idea how you ever made them.

theloulie said...

That's a good idea, I wish I would have thought of that. I did have little photo albums for the kids to look at in church-they loved them. Molly is a cutie!

Taryn said...

I need to try this idea. thanks :) and molly is just as cute as her name :)