Thursday, July 30, 2009

Join the Club


Looks like Bridger is trying to be like Ada, and find the most comfy sleep position possible. We had only driven down our driveway, when one of the side back windows started falling out of the van. He fell asleep in the van, and after we unbuckled him and tried to wake him up (it was 6:30 pm), he only made it this far, wedged between the seat and door, before conking out again. ZZZzzzzzz. I don't think he can open that door by himself yet, but it's probably a good thing, because if he had, we possibly would have had a bigger problem. A shattered window. The door was stuck because of this:

Lovely. Another thing that didn't go "right" during that half hour, was that even before we got in the van in the first place, Bridger had taken a detour to the garden and played in the dirt, so his pants were covered in dirt. And we were already late for where we were going. Now the window is duct-taped in, until it gets fixed. (Or is it duck tape?)

At least Aspen seemed to be happy, enjoying her sucker that she left in there from the day before!

5 comments:

Arlene said...

I'm laughing. Not at you but I'm glad we're not the only ones that have a crazy busy adventurous life.It seems we always have something falling apart, broken or needs fixin'.

I'm sure glad Aspen had her "left over" sucker. She was probably oblivious as to what was going on around her.

Tristy said...

Why does everything happen when you are stressed and in a hurry? Better yet, why do we yell and scream when it happens instead of just going with the flow - or is that just me?

Amanda said...

K..I had to look at that picture twice to figure it out..and wow!! he must of been tired...how sweet!! Good luck with your window..I guess at least it's not freezing cold outside :)

SunnyD said...

I have a huge smile on my face. Real life can be such a roller coaster but sometimes we need to just enjoy the ride. I don't know about duct or duck tape....my kids call it "Papa tape". :)

lydia moyer said...

i wish i could fall asleep anytime and anywhere! everything has to be perfect for me to fall asleep. maybe i am the true princess in the princess and the pea:)