
The climbing roses always bloom on Aspen's birthday. Even this year, when everything else seemed to bloom 2 weeks later than usual, because of a colder spring. I didn't think we'd get these roses on her birthday this year, but we still did!
Her birthday is on D-Day. June 6. Great day for us though. Delivery Day! not Dooms Day. Our family has been better off ever since she came to us 7 years ago. Aspen Spring Peters brings the beauty of springtime to us year round, with her lively, sweet, beautiful personality.
Her birthday is on D-Day. June 6. Great day for us though. Delivery Day! not Dooms Day. Our family has been better off ever since she came to us 7 years ago. Aspen Spring Peters brings the beauty of springtime to us year round, with her lively, sweet, beautiful personality.

She just happened to be wearing this shirt that day. (Which also worked well to sorta hide the red-velvet cake batter that ended up on the shirt, from the cake she chose to make for her birthday.)
I just had too much fun taking pictures. And luckily, I remembered to run out there at sunset, with the good sunlight. Ever since Sunny compared her home to the paparazzi with all the picture taking, I think it's like that here too. (Especially with a new baby and big sisters/brother who like to snap pictures with the camera too.)Every year we (Troy mostly) talk about pruning back this bush. But it's never happened yet, and I don't mind. I like it huge. Though it is taking over the grape vine's rightful spot, and shading the vegetable garden too much...But it's just so grand when it's in bloom!



4 comments:
Aspen is a sweetheart!! Happy belated birthday. Your roses are gorgeous. I like the huge bush. Jenna is sitting next to me and said "She is wearing the same shirt I have." She also reminded me that she and Aspen have the same purple dresses.
That is a super cool thing to have on your birthday! It's beautiful just like aspen. I agree that it would be hard to prune back, because of it's gorgeousness when in full bloom!
Aspen is such a beautiful girl inside and out. It only makes sense. I can tell through your posts that you are a lover of nature. Such a wonderful and fitting quality.
Happy Birthday Miss Aspen!
Happy (late) birthday!! Your family is so beautiful..all of your kids I just admire-and you as a mom!! I love love love your girls....and what a fitting place to take such a cute girls' picture!! I love those roses!
Post a Comment