
Aspen chose red velvet cake this year, and we tried to make them look like butterflies. Her kindergarten class just finished learning a lot about butterflies, so Aspen has butterflies on her brain. She still had her birthday crown from school too she could use! It's always better with a crown, right? (She was so sweet: she was sad for another boy in her class, who didn't get his birthday crown, because he had to suddenly leave school early for an emergency the last week. Poor kid!)

Here's our best family picture we could manage to get. I try and get all the kids in a picture on birthdays. And Bridger IS in there, in the window reflection. See? I guess it really is the whole family...

Here's the one Hanna decorated. I surprisingly was able to dig out plenty of leftover long lost candy in the cupboard to decorate with. The "stash" that was somehow forgotten. Of course, with all the candy on them, no one ate them. We all ate ice cream, and the cakes are still waiting untouched, safely in the oven. Hopefully no one preheats the oven with them still inside.

Hurry! Quick! Bridger came over to this side of the table. Seth, come back here! So Mom can get a picture!

Are we done yet? We want to eat! (The ice cream cones, that is.)
And move on to opening presents. It's already 9:30 pm for goodness sakes!


2 comments:
How fun!! I love the cake..so cute! and your family is soooooo cute! Seriously, we look up to you guys. What a great family!
What a cute cake. With all the birthdays in our house each year I find it hard to come up with something original. I'm glad no one turned on the oven. That would have been sad. What day was her birthday? Emma has her 1st yesterday (the 10th).
Post a Comment