One of my all time favorite moments in life is watching my other children's expressions when they meet the baby for the first time. Treasured memories burned in my mind that I love and cherish.
Little Miss Molly Sue joined our family early Tuesday morning, May 19th, at 3:18 am.
She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces, and is 21 inches long. My biggest baby so far. (They've ranged from Hanna at 6#8 oz to Aspen at 7 # 8 oz.) AND, she was a week early, where all the others have been born within a day of their due date. Except Seth, who was only 4 days late, but way overcooked. He was born unhealthy, which is why the doctors opted for this one to come a week early, since she was measuring a tad larger anyway, and to avoid another overdone sick baby.
Here's Daddy-Wan-Kenobi. (Reminds me of Obi-Wan-Kenobi in Star Wars.) I of course was too warm, so the room was pretty chilly for Troy all night long.

It was the smoothest labor and delivery I've had. With a superb nurse and doctor that I was very pleased with. It just took a few more hours than I expected, but maybe that's because she was a little early. (When Bridger was induced, he came within 4 hours. This time it took 8 hrs.) Even with bouncing around on the riding lawnmower and through the pastures helping fertilize last week, that didn't do anything to help get her here any quicker.We named her Molly Sue, because Troy's mother's name is Mary Susan. The name Molly comes from Mary. (And Sue just happens to mean "lily" so we DID end up with another nature name, and it wasn't even on purpose!)
I think I'm going to have a lot of helpers with Miss Molly. I may not even get to hold her very much! I think she'll feel very loved. Even Bridger seems happy with her so far. He says, "That's your baby, mom."My 4 daughters. Wow, I'm lucky. No, blessed.

Bridger brought Molly his box of baby stuff he prepared for her. He wrapped up a blanket for her that looks just like his own blanket. Yes, it's pink. But Molly's is far less tattered. And then, Molly gave Bridger a present too: a new Thomas-train, and what-do-you-know. This engine's name is Molly too! (I didn't know there was a Molly engine.) She's a big one "with yellow paint" as Bridger says. I forgot to snap a picture of him playing with it on the hospital floor. Now he has 3 Thomas trains: Thomas, Henry, and Molly. (Thomas almost disappeared in a dirt pile on Sunday. Troy rescued him, but there's still a lot of dirt inside him, so he doesn't work so well.)
This is when Seth put on the little hat that Hanna knitted for Molly. I'm glad Molly has a great big brother to protect her, like a knight.

9 comments:
She is gorgeous - congratulations! I'm glad everything went smoothly - I'll want details later (only if you want to share). Enjoy!
Wow! I didn't even know that you were due! She looks beautiful! Congratulations!
Yeah!!! She's adorable...but all your kids are so no surprise!
Love the name too :)
Congrats - she is beautiful! Looks like the kids are totally smitten with her too!
A great big Congratualtions for you and your family! What a beautiful little addition to your family. I love love the name Molly too :o) I am so glad everything went well for you.
Oh, how I love your growing family! She is so sweet. I wish I could have been there to help you with the other kids and get things ready. Just know that I'm thinking about a lot. I'm so glad the name "Molly Sue" got used. We will always have that connection!
Lots of love to sweet Molly.
Oh man....my heart is just full of joy for your family. I agree with you. There is something so special about that first connection with a new sibling. I love the gifting idea. So cute!
She's precious. I can't imagine life without a baby in the house.
Nice pink blanket Troy it suits you perfectly!
Post a Comment