I've been wondering how much Bridger understands, about having new baby come to our house. He used to say there was a big bubble in my tummy, but now he says it's a baby. He also always says the baby is at his friend Ethan's house. So a couple weeks ago, I let him help me get some stuff ready for the baby. He helped wrap the present and write "Baby" on it. (It's a blanket, but it's a lot like HIS favorite blanket, so hopefully this will help him distinguish between his and the baby's blanket.) Then it was his idea to find a box for the present. So then I gave him some other stuff to put in the box. He actually seemed amazed at the small size diapers and clothes he put in there and giggled about them.

While making the baby's box, he kept carrying around his own little treasure box full of treasures.


Yep, these are definitely little boy treasures! He'll always say, "Is this a treasure? Yes, this IS a treasure!" and put it in the little box.

And finally we made a little countdown-chart to color in the days waiting for the baby. He wanted to help with it. After the first couple days, he started bringing the chart to me before bed to color it in. So maybe he is understanding what's happening.
5 comments:
I love the treasure box - it's amazing how simple things thrill our kids until we ruin it with bigger and "better things."
The countdown is on! Almost baby time!
What a sweet boy. When the baby gets here he will look so grown up over night. Good luck today!!!
ohh that's a very cool way to get him involved in this new life coming to your house. What a cute boy!
Sweet Bridger, he will love the new adjustment I am sure. he will be a great big brother. I also love your cute chart idea. :o)
That is so sweet. Having a new baby in the home is such an adjustment for ANY kid, I will be excited to watch Bridger grow and learn as a big brother. He couldn't have better parents. And...as I'm writing this...I bet that little one is fresh and here! :)
Post a Comment