It's the start of a new era. We're 15 years and counting (probably 17-21 in the end) on the diapers-every-day thing, and now we start the 18-21 years of early morning seminary! And most mornings, it will be DARK. But this was a nice greeting this morning anyway. (It was much lighter actually, but the sun makes for different lighting effects in pictures, as we all know...) I am grateful to live here though, where seminary starts at 6:45 am rather than 5:45 am like the last place we lived, in Amarillo, Texas. They have it that early, so the kids in early morning sports can still go to seminary. The other kids mostly arrive in their pajamas, then go back home to bed after class. And on Wednesdays, their school starts an hour later, so that's 2 hrs between seminary and school! Glad we live here now! And VERY GLAD we're blessed to live near others who are willing to carpool! Now, my morning routine takes 2 1/2 hrs from the time we wake up and start getting the kids off to school at different times. Only 173 days left til summer vacation...

(Sunny, that's your folk's water.)
(Okay, so I better be honest. I haven't actually changed diapers every day for 15 years. There were 2 times when we left the kids at Grandma's while we went house hunting before moving to another far-off-state. And 2 other overnighters when we just went on a get-a-way, while we lived close enough to drop off the tots at Grandma's. We never did quite get the youngest out of diapers before the next baby arrived. Even this time around. They've all overlapped.)
3 comments:
Cool picture....it's so much prettier when I don't have to look at it through groggy eyes! :)
As kids, we always wonder why our parents don't want to play with us and they are always tired. Well....it doesn't take long to figure THAT out. Maybe one day we can pray for release time seminary! :)
wow..wow..that's all I can say.. 15 years of diapers :) and now 18 years of seminary ahhh ....I hope my kids stay little a while longer :)
I must confess I have only gotten up twice to send Bradley off to seminary. Brock has been up the other times. I will have to work harder to get up. I guess it's all those years of being up all night with the babies and now I'm finally sleeping through the night. I feel blessed to live so close to the church though since Bradley walks.
On another note. I have had three times having to go back to diapers after being out of them (a couple times for years).
Post a Comment