One of my quirks, is that I like remembering what happened on days before big major life events. Like weddings and baby birth days. As I've been on the computer this morning, I just realized that one year ago today (today as in the 3rd Monday of May, but not actually May 17. It was May 18 last year), I was home all day waiting for the hospital to call and say they had room for us to go in to have our baby. I had arranged for Bridger to go home after preschool with Erin Hunt, thinking that we would be at the hospital around noon. Not surprisingly, they were too busy and told us to wait. At about 2:50, the magical phone call came, and we left just as the kids all got home from school. And luckily, the oldest 2 are old enough they could babysit for us this time!
One year later, today, is the first day that Bridger has been gone all day again since that day last year. What a coincidence that it's the 3rd Monday in May again! Only today, it's because he's trying out Kindergarten for the first time. Today and tomorrow, one of his preschool Para's (a teacher's aid that just retired, so now she's on the sub list) is accompanying him to kindergarten in the mornings, and then he's going to his regular preschool class for the afternoons. To help him transition and get used to the idea and new class he'll be in, when he starts Kindergarten in the fall. I still have 2 children home with me today: Molly, and Aspen's home sick. But not having Bridger here all day makes it so different! Maybe it's because I had more time than usual to be on the computer on that day last year, because I didn't have to share it with him. It has seemed like that today too, because Molly and Aspen have both had a long nap, and they are such content little girls anyway who don't "need" their computer time as much as Bridger seems to! I remember stressing that day about the baby's name, and spending a lot of time online looking up more baby names.
I wonder what will be going on next year on the 3rd Monday of May?
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Tayla was home sick today too! Hard to believe that you had Molly only a year ago. My how time flies.
Can't believe Molly is a year already. Bridger has sure come a long way. He did a good job on his prayer in primary all by himself. I wish Emma was a content girl in the day.
Yeah, Bridger gets to try out kindergarten. How does he like it?
Augh! our babies are going to kindergarten! :) i'm glad that you had a restful day..and that we're not the only ones stressing over baby names :)!!
I love they way you remember dates and link them together. I want that, can you rent it out occasionally?
How exciting for Bridger to be moving on for school. How did it go?
Post a Comment