This was the best we could manage for Dad's birthday this year. The cake was still in the oven, we were making scones, (yes the sink was piled with dishes because we were frantically trying to clean Troy's car to surprise him for his birthday,) and Bridger just couldn't stand to wait any longer to eat the birthday chips. So here's what we did.When the cake WAS done, Aspen and Hanna scrounged up enough candles from our bucket of leftover candles. Hmmm, not quite the right ones, and there seemed to be a lot of pink! Can you tell how old he is? (Hint: that's a "4 minus 1").
We were all too full after dinner for cake, so we watched a movie first. Some Star Wars Clone Wars. (The best choice for Dad out of the ones I picked up at the library. We all started watching it, and halfway through, I got on the computer to look at slide shows of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies. That's the only thing I miss about no TV. The Olympics!) I'm glad I at least snapped that picture, because the next time I came in the kitchen, Dad had started eating the cake. I guess that's alright, since it was his cake. Those candles never did get lit. (But at least the dishes got done! Miraculously, the sink has been empty the last 2 nights!)I just realized this yesterday, on Molly's 9 month birthday. Because Molly was born at 39 weeks, Troy's birthday marked the day that she had been "outside" of me as long as she was "inside" of me. About 259 days? (If she had been born at 40 weeks, it would have been on MY birthday. Lots of birthday connections here! Trivial, I know. Humors me anyway.)
These happened a few days later, but it probably can count for his birthday. Our first ever little red Hereford calf was born, and the "cave" got finished being dug out, thanks to lots of friends who helped over the past month. (More pics of that later.)
4 comments:
Happy birthday Troy!!
So funny to see a huge rock just sitting in your house. It is going to be fun to watch the progress of your basement as you go along.
Also, it's already starting to green up a bit there....sigh....
Oh, I wish so much that we lived closer and could be apart of your family! I miss being an honorary member so much!
Happy Birthday Troy!!!
Wow, a new baby cow. So cute. Happy birthday to a swell cousin.
Post a Comment