"The stockings were hung on the staircase with care..."

The Christmas tree was lit and decorated.
We'd received our annual new Christmas pajamas that always hype us up, and had attempted some pictures. Bridger participated cheerfully!!!




And we'd all gone to bed in the same room. Except this year was different- Bridger joined us! It was a miracle. That's one of the most difficult, yet hilarious experiences; trying to fall asleep in the same room as all your brothers and sisters the night before Christmas, knowing that Santa's on his way.
It goes a little like this:
Seth: "Ssshhh! Hanna don't laugh, even if Bridger is funny."
Hanna and Alana: (Giggling)
Alana: "Okay, everyone let's play the quiet game- starting... now!"
Aspen: "Seth?"
Seth: "What?"
Aspen: "Oh, I was just seeing if you were still awake.
Hanna: "Aspen, sshh. Go to bed."
Bridger: (Starts reciting lines from the Polar Express movie, randomly.)
Everyone: (trying to refrain from laughing, letting a few laughs leak out.)
Somehow or other, we all made it asleep in the same room.
CHRISTMAS MORNING:
We have a rule that we have to stay up in our room until Molly is awake. Then Mom and Dad will come and get us and escort us down, so they can watch us opening our presents. This year, it was 8:30ish. Seth and Aspen were awake at 7:00, sitting up in bed, going stir crazy, just waiting.
Mom and Dad always make us wait on the staircase to take a picture as we look at our stuffed stockings, and wish that we could rush over and dump them out!

Mommy and Molly watchin'

Hanna and her "joyful child."
Mom and Dad always make us wait on the staircase to take a picture as we look at our stuffed stockings, and wish that we could rush over and dump them out!

Mommy and Molly watchin'

Hanna and her "joyful child."
Seth and Bridger fighting with their new light-sabers.
While trying out my (Alana) new haircurlers, I found a baby in my stocking! Just what I've always wanted! (Actually, back before Mom was pregnant, while I was still strong on the baby campain trail, I told her that if she would please just have one more baby, I'd go without presents this Christmas. They were generous enough to still give me some gifts. :) )
Bridger and Aspen loved their new Thomas engines. Ever since Christmas, they've been playing with them for hours every day.
Our Molly-pop was in wrapping paper heaven!
And what a Merry Christmas we did have!

While trying out my (Alana) new haircurlers, I found a baby in my stocking! Just what I've always wanted! (Actually, back before Mom was pregnant, while I was still strong on the baby campain trail, I told her that if she would please just have one more baby, I'd go without presents this Christmas. They were generous enough to still give me some gifts. :) )
Bridger and Aspen loved their new Thomas engines. Ever since Christmas, they've been playing with them for hours every day.
Our Molly-pop was in wrapping paper heaven!
And what a Merry Christmas we did have!

5 comments:
I can't believe how big Molly is getting!! And how fun those pictures are!! It looks like a memorable time!
The last picture of Troy and Molly melts my heart. I love seeing that sweet relationship between baby and Daddy.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one of my favorite families ever!
ohh what a happy family you guys are! I love the stair pic!
That might be one of the cutest blog posts EVER!!! The little night time conversation just warmed me to my core.
I'm glad you had such a great Christmas just staying home and enjoying each other. Molly really makes me want another baby. If I could just have another one without having to be pregnant I would definatley say yes. She is so cute and cuddly.
Post a Comment