Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bedtime Bear

Molly didn't get a nap yesterday.  During dinner, she said, "I want to go to nap."  We found her a little later asleep on Seth's bed--not sure why she chose to land there.  She had covered her feet in the Care Bears, and Aspen added the rest.  (Even though this is Seth's bed--for some reason, that's Aspen's blanket on it right now.)

 Molly suddenly LOVES the Care Bears, ever since reconnecting with Netflix this fall.  (We always disconnect Netflix in the spring when it's light outside until bedtime.)  Makes me secretly happy, since my Grandma sewed all of us kids a Care Bear when we were little.  Back when there were only 10 or 11 of them. (She made me Share Bear, back when Share Bear had a milkshake with 2 straws in it, rather that 2 lollipops like she does now.)

I've been thinking of Grandma Lillie a lot this week, since yesterday would've been her 86th birthday.  But she passed away last year, the day before her birthday.  Miss you Grandma!  I almost made a fruit cake for the first time, in honor of her, and to let my kids experience fruit cake.  I bought the little tub of candied fruits, but then realized the recipe takes far more unusual ingredients.  Maybe next year.  Instead, we just enjoyed a can of Pepperidge Farms Pirouette cookies, which she also liked.  I did get lucky and "inherited" (more like received after people cleaned out her house) the last home made Care Bear she had:  Grumpy Bear.  I ought to take pictures of them, hadn't I?  (She also made a BYU Bear and gave it to Coach Lavell Edwards wife about 28 yrs ago.)

The other day, Aspen invented her own "Care Bear Stare!" with the bears belted around her tummy.

1 comment:

Carol said...

So cute. And there are a lot of new Care Bears. I don't even recognize the one with planets on it.

Your kids look so grown up! (how does that happen?) :)