Friday, November 13, 2009

Pot of Gold



Thanks to Hanna for taking these pictures. She tried her best to get the cow at the end of the rainbow. Or maybe the "pot of gold" is our neighbor's hops yard up the road. (??)


Is there a scale for measuring rainbows? Like there is for tornados? Because this one seems gigantic! Maybe an F3 or F4 on the tornado scale? This one was especially fun to watch, as we were already outside, when I looked around and said to the kids, "Look, this is rainbow-making weather. See if you can see a rainbow..." Within seconds, we saw this one begin to appear and get bigger and brighter and more and more vibrant. At times we could see not only the double rainbow, but the continuation of colors going on and on between both rainbows. Pretty awesome!

Camera's just never quite capture how beautiful they really are. Plus, the cows don't follow directions very well, and kept getting in each other's shadow!

4 comments:

Dane said...

Oh, wow! What a sight that must've been to see! The photos are gorgeious, I can't imagine what it must've been like to have been there. Cracks me up with the cows at the end of the rainbow,--we just didn't know what to look for all these years!

Arlene said...

Those are beatiful pictures. The cows are truley the gold at the end of the rainbow for us since we drink a fortune in milk (8 gallons a week).

SunnyD said...

That is seriously beautiful!! Way to go Hannah! I totally love them. And Arlene...EIGHT GALLONS!!! I have to stop having kids. I won't be able to afford them!

Taryn said...

I LOVE double rainbows! Seriously there is no way someone can't feel happy inside after seeing a rainbow!